Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking an Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new print, digital, and event sponsorship business. Responsibilities include actively prospecting for and developing new business, creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers, and meeting or exceeding individual sales goals.
- Researching prospects through online and print publications.
- Prospecting through phone, email, LinkedIn, and networking.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and understanding marketing objectives by utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Creating and presenting customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital, and event sponsorship.
- Making follow-up calls as necessary.
- Managing accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Updating and managing prospects and accounts through our CRM.
- Reporting to Director of Integrated Advertising on sales progress.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous sales experience in print and/or online advertising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to take initiative with a positive attitude
- High competency in MS office.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary plus commission
- Competitive benefits package
- Outstanding company culture
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please include “Integrated Advertising Executive” in the subject field.
Sponsorship Sales Specialist
Baltimore magazine is seeking a dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, highly-connected, energetic individual to capitalize on our outstanding brand awareness by selling integrated sponsorship opportunities tied to our signature events. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a can-do attitude towards selling, account service and relationship management. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently as well as in a team. An understanding of experiential advertising as well as social media are a must. This position requires networking and the ability to attend morning and evening events both within the community and Baltimore magazine events.
- Create, package, and sell dynamic solution-based sponsorships tied to all Baltimore magazine events
- Create presentations that creatively and distinctly differentiate and communicate unique opportunities to targeted prospects
- Educate and position Baltimore magazine’s capabilities and offerings appropriately to prospects by clearly demonstrating the value of the brand, events and media platforms
- Develop long-term client relationships based on strategic planning
- Lead contract negotiations with new and existing sponsors
- Devise and implement new business initiatives to upsell existing clients and sponsors
- Meet or exceed sponsorship revenue and key account goals
- Identify, build, and maintain an active database of decision makers, agencies and clients across various industries including technology, healthcare, entertainment, consumer goods, retail, wines, and spirits
- Research and share the latest information in event marketing sponsorships to develop new and innovative opportunities for the company
- Manage overall client relationships through the sales process, from contracting and invoicing to the complete execution of the event and recap reports
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams on communication, timelines, and deliverables
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of sales and sponsorship experience
- Highly motivated and service-oriented with the ability to inspire people, coupled with strong networking skills
- Proven track record of successfully working with brands to create, sell, and execute best-in-class innovative sponsorship programs
- Sufficient understanding of the budgeting process and ability to communicate the value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Excellent relationships with agencies, c-suite executives and decision makers at relevant companies
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities, strategic thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple endeavors and clients simultaneously under demanding and tight time constraints
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Skilled at developing pitch presentations and sponsorship decks
- General awareness of local events and happenings with a desire to attend
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
To Apply: Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to Amanda Brown, the director of marketing and audience development at [email protected].
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (spring, summer, or fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume. Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.